Sunday, September 16, 2007

Introduction

This is my first time to write a technical blog. After 2 yrs of SAN support, I accepted a job as network administrator last yr for a mid size non-profit organization. It's a new challenge for me. Compared to supporting SAN, it is totally different. In the past, we always joke about network administrator not reading manual. One of the senior tech like to use the word RTFM. Now, I am in their position and understand the challenge of the job. Being a network administrator, you need to know a bit of everything; from security, SAN, switching, servers and desktop issue. Since my organization has only one dedicated support technician who is supporting CRM as well, I have to help him out a lot of times. Good thing is, I don't need to deal with SQL which I have no knowledge of.

I will write down the main technical issues I face and how I resolve it. Feel free to email me if you have any technical knowledge to share with me. Enjoy surfing

No comments: