Sunday, September 16, 2007

Fixing VCB on my EVA4000

My datastore is residing on the EVA4000. I find out VCB is not working and complains about path not found and SCSI error. So I go through the guide and find out the LUN number has to be the same for both ESX server and VCB proxy (which is my backup and Virtual Centre Server).

To assign the same number on EVA4000 for the ESX host and VCS is easy.

1) Open up CommandView.
2) Goto Virtual disk properties
3) Present the luns using Assign Lun function. Then assign the same lun number to ESX hosts and VCS.
4) Don't forget to save the changes.
5) Go back to the VCB proxy (again, it is my VCS server and backup server). Goto MPIO and use NLB on the luns that holds the vmfs datastore.
6) This will turn off multipath and use dedicated path unless the path fails.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Make sure VMTools are installed on VM as well.