Saturday, August 20, 2022

Raspberry pi Desktop for Lenovo T400

Other than running Puppy Linux, I decided to try the Raspberry pi Desktop on Lenovo T400 laptop.  Now, I can use my old laptop for browsing and checking email.  Speed is acceptable.  Still hard to believe my T400 is still working fine.  


You use the same update command to update the OS periodically.  

sudo apt update
sudo apt full-upgrade

I install 2 additional tools to check HDD status.  

sudo app-get install smartmontools 
sudo app-get install gsmartcontrol

All the hardware are discovered and functioning correctly including the old built in wireless card Intel 5300.  Surprisingly, my old Target USB docking station ACP50US is working with Raspberry pi while there is no driver for Windows 7.  At least, the ethernet port and the sound cards in ACP50US are working fine.  

No comments: