Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Error labeling new boost device on DataDomain

NetWorker 7.6.3 is out and I try to install the new code on my test VADP proxy.  When I attempt to label a new media for my new boost device,  I get the following error message.

nsrd rd=networkerSN:datadomain_DD0304 mount operation failed: Connecting to 'datadomain' failed ([5028] rpc connection failure).

From experience, this is DNS and connectivity related issue.  Check DNS records and even add all the entries to host file.  It still return the same error.  Finally, uninstall NetWorker 7.6.3 and install NetWorker 7.6.2 back to the test box, everything works fine.

Check release notes and find out NetWorker 7.6.3 requires DDOS running at 5.0 or higher if you are using DDBoost.

Only DDOS versions 5.0.x and 5.1.x are supported with DD Boost 2.4

Currently, DDOS is running at 4.9.2.x and I don't plan to upgrade to DDOS 5.0 any time soon.  Only other option is to use AFTD.

No comments: