Thursday, October 25, 2007

Iphone with Exchange

We got 3 iphone from States for testing. Currently, it is not available in Canada yet. So, have them unlocked and try to have it talk to the Exchange. One of the users install itune 7.4......result is iphone being locked. So, we are warned by the cellphone tech to use itune 7.3 or below. Setup Exchange side following Wilson's blog

http://blog.monkeykit.com/2007/08/31/how-to-setup-imap4-exchange-2003-email-to-sync-with-your-iphone/

I have to contact ISP to open up only the secure IMAP port. I got the receiving part working. However, sending is still an issue. Eventually, I am using my phone carrier smtp server. One thing I found out: iphone sucks a lot more bandwidth than Blackberry. Hopefully, it will support OMA soon. I still have trouble sending if I use webmail.mycompany.com as the outgoing smtp. The other thing I don't like is power consumption. I will go back to my blackberry for sure. Will play with the new toy for one more week then return it to my manager. I always drop cellphone on the ground by accident. So, iphone is definitely not my device.

No comments: